Sunday, May 6, 2012

Who am I?

Who am I
What a profound question
Am I capable of answering this question?
<not>
Some say it is impossible to answer
Some say who cares
<Thinking>
I’m a hundred different things
A hundred thousand maybe
Can’t list them all here
Well I can be anything
My imagination wants to be
Is that good?
Is what I imagine the truth
What do others see?
Everyone’s list is different
Everyone has an opinion
And I often let that affect my self-view
And that also becomes what I am
How do I sort through all the contradictions?
All it does is leave me confused
So many different things
Maybe I am a collage of all of them?
Sounds right to me
Variety is good
I change day by day
Minute by minute
I have bad, good, ugly, beautiful, and amazing in me
I can choose what I visualize
I can choose good, beautiful, and amazing
And focus on that
I can choose to be something better
And strive for that
I can choose to act to better the world
And better the world
I can choose to learn
And learn I will
I can choose to live
For I am alive
I can choose to love
For love is our essence
I can choose to be
For I am I

~G

Personal photo, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment