Sunday, February 16, 2014




To all of my Facebook page followers,

Over the last several months, I have watched the demands on my time increase, both at work and in my personal life.  Everything is going beyond well, just crazy busy.  I have been diligently posting to the page during this period of time.  Yet, for the last several months, the page following has declined.  I’ve kept at it in the hope that things would turn around; however, it has become apparent to me that things are not going to improve and I have to face reality.

It is so easy to blame Facebook for the page’s decline.  Since they have become a publically traded company, they have been attempting to get the pages to pay for distribution of their content and have increasingly restricted how many page followers see the posts for free.  Despite this being a not-for-profit activity, they apply the same rules to us non-profit pages that they do for the large commercial pages.  It is all about profit and I understand that.  However, other non-profit pages are managing to find success in the current environment.  When taking a sober look at the situation, I realize I have been going through the motions and perhaps my heart has not been completely into it.  And the page statistics reflect that.

Over a year ago, I stopped regularly posting to my blog by the same name.  I was experiencing  writer’s block at the time and convinced myself that the page was more important.  In the last few weeks, I have realized that I truly miss writing and the creative process that goes into it.  Therefore, I have made the difficult decision to take the time I currently use to run the page and apply it to other areas of my life, including resurrecting my writing.  I will still post, but far less than I currently do.

I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last two amazing years and for taking this journey with me.

All my best to everyone and continue to be amazing,

Gregg
Personal photo from Brandywine Creek State Park, DE

No comments:

Post a Comment