Friday, December 30, 2016

Diary of a runner, December 30, 2016




2.5 miles with my daughter, partially on ice this morning due to a storm last night.  Lots of good, energizing conversation.  Then 5 miles near the park – no trail running today due to snow/ice and may not see the trails again until March.  However, the sun was blazing, the air was crisp and cool, and the energy was flowing.  Today I’m back to “not a care in the world” and filled with energy.  And more importantly, ready to work on my “fears list.”  Those fears that are not valid…dismiss.  Those that are?  If I can mitigate them through my own action, put those actions on my “to do” list and do them.  If I can’t?  Rather than worry about them and let my energy be sapped, hand them over to the Universe and let her carry them for me.  This is my resolution heading into 2017.

49.5 miles in 7 days.  We runners run for many reasons.  Endorphins…. wisdom… meditation…. socialization when with other runners… escape… energy… sheer pleasure… just because we can and won’t be able to forever… yet running can make me feel immortal at times.  And you don’t have to be a runner.  Any active person: walker, hiker, cyclist, swimmer, <fill in the blank> can go there.  It is our way to get in touch with nature and the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment